FTCC Knowledge

View Articles by Category

Category Icon Air Force (0)
Category Icon Army (0)
Category Icon Evlauation of Military Training (0)
Category Icon GoArmyEd (1)
Information on GoArmyEd and using the portal
Category Icon Marines (0)
Category Icon Military Spouses & Dependents (0)
Category Icon Navy (0)
Category Icon Off-Cycle Unit Classes (0)
Category Icon SOCAD (0)
Category Icon Special Warfare Center (0)
Category Icon VA (13)
Veteran Admininstration
Add an article to this category

Category » Military Studentsrss button

Infomation about military tuition and other military questions
(Page 1 of 2)      Prev | 1 | 2 | Next

There were 25 articles found in this category:

  1. questionMilitary, military spouse and dependent questions
    If you have questions about active duty military, military spouse programs, and military dependents contact the FTCC Fort Bragg Office at 910-678-1050
  2. questionDo you have a payment plan?
    Yes, we offer a payment plan for the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Please refer to the following link http://www.mycollegepaymentplan.com/ftcc
  3. questionWhat days will the College be closed for Holidays?
    The College holiday scheduled is on the website. Click Here.
  4. questionWhat costs are associated with college enrollment?
    The North Carolina Community College system provides quality education at affordable prices. Based on current tuition rates, in-state residents pay $66.50 per semester hour. Additionally, you will need to purchase the appropriate books for your courses. Effective October 1, 2002, Army Tuition A ...
  5. questionHow long do I have to pay before being dropped from my classes?
    Click on Registration Information at the following link listed below to see the current payment deadlines for the semester. http://www.faytechcc.edu/curriculum_registration/registrationinformation.aspx
  6. questionWhat areas of study are available at FTCC?
    The College has over 156 associate degree, diploma and certificates available for students to choose from. Please view Curriculum Areas of Study for a preview. For the High School Connections program specifically, we offer close to 30 total pathways of study; this includes two college-transfer ...
  7. questionI'm in the National Guard. How do I apply for TA?
    National Guard students may begin setting up their accounts in the GoArmyed portal on June 6, 2013, and may begin requesting TA on August 1, 2013, for classes that begin October 1, 2013, or later.
  8. questionWhat are the requirements to be a North Carolina resident for in-state tuition?
    State law allows bona fide North Carolina legal residents (domiciliaries) to be eligible for a lower tuition rate than non-residents. North Carolina law (G.S. 116-143.1) requires you to establish legal residency (domicile) in North Carolina and maintain it for at least 12 months immediately pri ...
  9. questionWhere can spouses get basic MyCAA information?
    Eligible spouses who are ready to explore portable career options and develop a career goal and plan should establish a MyCAA Account by visiting the MyCAA website. This is an easy, self-help process. Once the spouse profile information is provided, the Department of Defense (DOD) will verify ...
  10. questionHow to Apply for MyCAA
    Eligible spouses who are ready to explore portable career options and develop a career goal and plan should establish a MyCAA Account by visiting the MyCAA website, and click on Create an Account. Select a degree or continuing education program and apply for admission to Fayetteville Technical ...
  11. questionTroop Schools
  12. questionHow do CLEP and DANTES Exams help in reaching my educational goal?
    DANTES and CLEP exams are offered free to Active Duty Soldiers. You may take these tests and college credit will be considered. Ask for the pamphlet which will show you the test and equivalent credits with FTCC. These tests are free, there is no penalty if you do not pass them, and it is a good ...
  13. questionI'm active duty army. Why do I need to pay for my fees out of pocket when I pay for a class but they are waived when I use TA?
    All client funded students must pay their tuition and fees out-of-pocket. You may do this at the business office in the Thomas McLean Administration building.
  14. questionHow can I see the Student Handbook information?
    The Student Handbook is on the FTCC website at http://goo.gl/hPLo9
  15. questionWhat is a SOCAD agreement and how do I get one? Can family members participate?
    SOCAD is the acronym for Servicemembers Opportunity College Army Degree. This program was developed to assist Active Duty Military and their family members in their quest for a college degree. Prior to the inception of this program soldiers were continually having to meet admissions and residen ...
  16. questionMilitary Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)
    The Department of Defense expanded Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is providing Financial Assistance for military spouses who are interested in pursuing degree programs, licenses, certifications and education leading to careers in high growth, high demand portable ca ...
  17. questionWhat is the difference between an Official and Unofficial Military Evaluation?
    An Unofficial Evaluation is one that is completed without supporting documentation. This is just to give you an idea of courses that you might be awarded in your college degree. To change from an Unofficial to Official evaluation, you must select a goal (degree track or major) and meet all admi ...
  18. questionIf I have not decided on an educational goal or objective, whom do I contact?
    The Fort Bragg Center has qualified personnel who can help you determine your educational goals (910) 678-1050 or FTCC has a Career Center with a full time staff to assist you in your career planning. This service is free of charge. Call (910) 678-8205 and ask for an appointment.
  19. questionHow do I drop a Tuition Assistance class?
    If you need to withdraw from a class, the withdrawal must be done online through the GoArmyEd portal. If you withdraw for military reasons, TA recoupment is waived. All information and transactions occur online through GoArmyEd. If you withdraw for personal reasons, GoArmyEd will initiate appro ...
  20. questionWhen is converted military training added to a transcript?
    After completing an evaluation, non-traditional work that has been earned may be converted and entered onto a college transcript once you: Select a major Complete the admissions process and complete one course with FTCC
(Page 1 of 2)      Prev | 1 | 2 | Next