FTCC Knowledge

View Articles by Category

There are no sub categories
Add an article to this category

Category » VArss button

Veteran Admininstration

There were 13 articles found in this category:

  1. questionWill the VA pay for my tuition and books?
    The only VA program that pays for tuition, fees, books and supplies is the Vocational Rehabilitation Program. Post 9/11 pays tuition directly to the school, and pays a book stipend (up to a Max of $1,000 per year) to the veteran. All others pay out of pocket for tuition & books.
  2. questionIs tutoring available for students with VA benefits?
    Yes! Tutorial assistance is available for all students using/receiving VA Educational Benefits. Please see your Designated Veteran Advisor to inquire on how this works.
  3. questionHow do I find out if I have any benefits left, and who do I contact if I have questions regarding my veteran benefit payments?
    Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551
  4. questionDo I have to be a full-time student before I will receive my veteran educational benefits?
    The VA will pay students monthly benefits for veterans/students who are attending full-time (12 Credit hours or more), three-quarter time (9 to 11 Credit hours), and half-time (6 to 8 Credit hours). See Benefits Table located at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/comparison_tool.asp
  5. questionHow do I start using VA benefits?
    Complete the FTCC admissions process then follow the new student checklist located at http://www.faytechcc.edu/institutional_effectiveness/pdf/N-1.doc
  6. questionHow much will I get paid?
    Your pay is based on the chapter for which you are eligible. See Benefits Table lnecessary information http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tables.asp
  7. questionWhere do I apply for the VA Work Study program?
    Visit All American Veterans Center in the General Classroom Building (off of Fort Bragg Road), Room 202
  8. questionAre my VA Educational benefits taxable?
    No. Benefits received from the VA (including VA Work Study), are not taxable income.
  9. questionAre there academic standards I must maintain to keep my VA educational benefits?
    Yes, students must adhere to the Standards of Academic Progress. The College requires that students maintain a cumulative and/or grade point average of 2.0 or better in order to meet institutional standards of progress and be eligible for graduation.
  10. questionHow do I verify my monthly enrollment for educational benefits?
    Everyone receiving Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment each month to receive payment. Your enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
  11. questionIf I started school before being certified by the VA can I expect to get back pay?
    In some circumstances, the VA can retroactively pay for periods of training up to one year FROM DATE OF APPLICATION. Visit www.gibill.va.gov for more information
  12. questionWhen can I expect my first pay check to arrive from VA?
    Upon completion of your certification, the VA will process it and begin payment. This process can take between 30-45 days.
  13. questionWhile using VA benefits am I eligible to receive other financial aid?
    Yes! Veterans can apply for all other types of financial aid. Each form of aid has criteria which will determine receipt of any award.