Welcome to our knowledge base. To find what you're after, use the search box below or choose a category to view listed articles.
View Articles by Category
There are no sub categories
Category » VA
There were 13 articles found in this category:
- Are my VA Educational benefits taxable?
No.˙ Benefits received from the VA (including VA Work Study), are not taxable income.
- Are there academic standards I must maintain to keep my VA educational benefits?
Yes, students must adhere to the Standards of Academic Progress.˙ The College requires that students maintain a cumulative and/or grade point average of 2.0 or better in order to meet institutional standards of progress and be eligible for graduation.
- Do I have to be a full time student before I will receive my veteran educational benefits?
The VA will pay students who are attending full time (12 hours or more), three quarter time (9 to 11 hours), and half time (6 to 8 hours) and less than half time (1-5). ˙See Benefits Table located at http://www.faytechcc.edu/veterans_services/VABenefitsTable.asp
- How do I find out if I have any benefits left and who do I contact if I have questions regarding my veteran benefit payments?˙
Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or visit the GI Bill website.
- How do I verify my monthly enrollment for educational benefits?
Everyone receiving Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment each month to receive payment.˙ Your enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
- How much will I get paid?
Your pay is based on the chapter for which you are eligible. See Benefits Table located at http://www.faytechcc.edu/veterans_services/VABenefitsTable.asp .
- If I started school before being certified by the VA can I expect to get back pay?
In some circumstances, the VA can retroactively pay for periods of training up to one year FROM DATE OF APPLICATION.˙ Visit www.gibill.va.gov for more information
- Is tutoring available for students with VA benefits?
Yes!˙ Tutorial assistance is available for all categories of VA Educational Benefits.˙ http://www.faytechcc.edu/veterans_services/VATutorialPolicy.asp
- When can I expect my first pay check to arrive from VA?
Upon completion of your certification, the VA will process it and begin payment.˙ This process can take between 30-45 days.
- Where do I apply for the VA Work Study program?
Visit the Veteran's Service Office located in 119 of the Student Center for the application form
- While using VA benefits am I eligible to receive other financial aid?
Yes!˙ Veterans can apply for all other types of financial aid.˙ Each form of aid has criteria which will determine receipt of any award.
- Will the VA pay for my tuition and books?
The only VA program that pays for tuition, fees, books and supplies is the Vocational Rehabilitation Program and Chapter 33
- How do I start using VA benefits?
Complete the FTCC admissions process then follow the new student checklist located at http://www.faytechcc.edu/inst_effect/documents/N-1_000.pdf